Social Security Disability Huntsville Alabama Attorney
ALABAMA SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY LAWYER
Was your claim for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits denied?
Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income are federal government programs designed to provide income to people who are unable to work because of a disability.
These programs are funded by the taxes deducted from each pay check that workers receive.
To qualify for SSDI benefits, you must meet the following requirements:
- have a physical or mental condition that prevents you from engaging in any substantial gainful activity, and
- the condition is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death, and
- be under age 65, and
- have worked 5 out of the last 10 years as of the date of the onset of the disability (this requirement is waived if you are age 22 or younger).
Even if you meet these requirements, your SSDI claim may still be denied by the Social Security Administration. In 2009, over 70 % of the 2,816,244 initial applications filed for SSDI were denied. The Social Security Administration’s own statistics show that applicants represented by a lawyer have a greater chance of having their claims approved than applicants with no legal representation. If you need help applying for SSDI or SSI benefits or if your claim was denied by the Social Security Administration, contact the Social Security Disability lawyers at MORRIS, KING & HODGE.
Our Experienced Social Security Disability Lawyers Can Help You
- Fill out and process your application and all paperwork for your SSDI or SSI claim
- Investigate and obtain all medical documentation for your claim
- Prepare you for any required hearings and guide you through the appeals process
- Make sure you receive all of the SSDI or SSI benefits you are entitled to
Free Consultation and No Fee Unless You Collect
Initial consultations to discuss your social security claim are free and we handle social security cases on a contingency basis, which means there is no fee or costs unless we collect money for you. Social Security has special rules for contingency fee contracts in disability cases where the most that your lawyer can be paid is 25% of your past due benefits if successful up to the statutory limit. No fee is charged if your claim is unsuccessful.
From our office in Huntsville, MORRIS, KING & HODGE handles Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income cases throughout the state of Alabama, including Athens, Decatur, Florence, Fort Payne, Guntersville, Scottsboro, Cullman and Birmingham. If you think that we can help you or a loved one like we have helped so many other Alabamians, please call our experienced attorneys in Huntsville (256) 536-0588, toll free 1-888-321-8353 or complete our quick contact web form. The Alabama Social Security Disability lawyers at MORRIS, KING & HODGE can help you or your loved one.